Seven meditative pieces for solo shakuhachi – four traditional Japanese pieces and three original compositions by Adrian Freedman, total playing time 68:40.
“Starkly beautiful… stunning melodic purity” – Natasha Kuler-von-der-Luhe
“These traditional and modern compositions are a searing, spacious, zen meditation. Truly sound on the edge of silence. Some still music is soothing. This isn’t. Its a focused call to attention” – Frazer Reid
1. Honshirabe (Original Inquiry) – Traditional Honkyoku* – 07:12
2. Spirit Rising – composed by Adrian Freedman – 06:26
3. Sanya (Three Valleys) – Traditional Honkyoku – 15:44
4. Forest Breath – composed by Adrian Freedman – 07:47
5. Miyama Higurashi (Deep Mountain Cicada) – composed by Fukuda Rando – 07:20
6. Tamuke (Requiem Elegy) – Traditional Honkyoku – 09:51
7. Moon Light – composed by Adrian Freedman – 06:28
* The Honkyoku are a repertoire of Japanese Zen meditation pieces for Shakuhachi, dating from the 13th century.
|BUY THIS ALBUM IN CD FORMAT£12.00 including postage and packing. Please allow 5 working days for delivery within the UK.
The buy now button will take you to the Paypal secure site, where you can use your credit or debit card or Paypal to make the purchase.
|BUY THIS ALBUM AS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD|